For nearly a year, we’ve been really digging Kali Uchis’ brand of new era head-nodding retro soul. The music speaks for itself, but in case you need a reason to give it a listen, here are five points that should move you to hit play and indulge in her smooth grooves.
1) She writes her own lyrics and has produced her own music. (Her latest “Por Vida” features production from some heavy hitters.)
2) She’s not like any other artist on there right now. What a breath of fresh air.
3) Her sound is what might have come out of a session after Soul II Soul took a time machine with Amy Winehouse to see The Supremes in 1966.
4) There’s something pleasingly hypnotic about those tracks.
5) This Latina diva is a one of a kind.
Now, press play and enjoy! We’re convinced you’ll put her on your fave list too.